Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ombre!!


It's me, Sharon, this week issuing the challenge. I chose ombre! I think I just like saying the word. I love the idea of a gradation of colour from dark to light. 

I did something a bit different with it so I wanted to show you an in progress photo. First I coloured stripes of colour from dark to light on water colour paper.






Then I embossed my sentiment in silver on vellum and layered that over top of the ombre for a really subtle effect. I pinned the layers inside an embossed polaroid frame and added a few confetti stars in silver to finish it off. Love it!




I hope you play around with ombre this week and link up below, and be sure to check out what the other Party-Ers did!



cs~ PTI
water colour paper~ Canson
stamps~ Mama Elephant
ink~ Versamark
water colours~ Ranger distress markers, Peerless
vellum
confetti stars

No comments:

Post a Comment